Google+ Followers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Palin Is Just What The U.S. Needs

Sarah Palin at the Time 100 Gala, in Manhattan...Image via WikipediaDonnie Johnston has a really good article on Sarah Palin at Fredricksburg.com. It is not enthusiastic, but it is one of the fairest evaluations that I have come across.  He says "In general, most people--including me--seem to like Sarah Palin. She's attractive, well-spoken and has a certain air of authority about her. She may not be the smartest person in the world, but she is certainly no idiot."
Since I don't think she ever claimed to be the smartest person in the world, I really don't think it should offend her or anyone else that he doesn't think she is.  We see what the so-called smartest person in the room has gotten us, and quite frankly, it hasn't been very good.


I do have one problem with his article though. He says "Most women, on the other hand, see her as a scatterbrain". Since I have no way of knowing which women he is talking to, I can not judge the reality of that statement, but I will tell you this, I have found just the opposite. Most of the women that I talk to, admire her intelligence, her ability to multi-task, her faith in God, and her love of family and country. They admire her commonsense, her determination, and her ability to get her message across. They admire the way she dealt with her pregnancy when she knew her child would be down's syndrome, and the way she handled the unexpected pregnancy of her oldest daughter being played out on a national stage. They admire the way in which she has stood up to the pressure of the campaign and all the nastiness and hatred that the media and the liberal left have thrown at her.


He is definately right about one thing, 2012 is coming us sooner than we think, and if not Palin at the top of the ticket, then who? I know that she is at the top of my list, and while I know that there is still a little time for her to decide, I really hate waiting. So Sarah is you read this little note in your busy, busy, life, please know that there are many of us who are praying that you answer is "Yes".

Fredericksburg.com - Palin just what U.S. needs? - page 1 FLS

America by Heart : Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag

No comments: