The Columbus gun smuggling case might be linked to a national case... The mayor, police chief and a trustee have all pled guilty to running guns to the Juarez drug cartel "La Linea".Last month it was revealed that Columbus city officials were using the town's police cars and other equipment to run guns to the cartels.
At a hearing for police Chief Angelo Vega on Thursday, it was revealed that six of those weapons may be connected to "Operation Fast and Furious"[, ...] an ATF program that allowed thousands of guns to cross into Mexico so that federal agents could track them.
Now "Fast and Furious" is under investigation, because officials lost track of more than a third of the guns, many of which were linked to shootings.
The former mayor of a New Mexico border town pleaded guilty to gun smuggling charges four months after he was arrested in a federal sting.Gunwalker is a bigger scandal than Watergate. American law enforcement officials have been killed by the weapons smuggled to the drug cartels by a rogue Justice Department.
On Tuesday, Eddie Espinoza, 51, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy, three counts of making false statements, and three counts of smuggling firearms from the United States.
The guilty plea means the former mayor of the village of Columbus could face up to 50 years in a federal prison.
In March, federal agents arrested Espinoza and several others, including Columbus Chief of Police Angelo Vega and village Trustee Blas Gutierrez.
Federal documents state the group smuggled more than 200 guns from New Mexico to the streets of Cíudad Juárez and Palomas, Chihuahua. The documents further state that at times the group used unmarked police cars registered to Columbus to smuggle the guns across the border... the guns [were connected] to at least eight murders in those cities.
If we had a real media in this country, a firestorm of outrage would have already been ignited among the electorate. And the egregious political hack of an Attorney General -- Eric Holder -- would be testifying every day in front of Congress.
- Guns and Drugs: Holder's Waterloo? (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- Meehan Getting Answers on Fast & Furious: ATF, ICE, DEA, & IRS Involved ... (loopyloo305-intothelight.blogspot.com)
- The Obama Administration: Dealers of Death?(updated) (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- The Obama Administration: Dealers of Death? (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- Justice Dept. Accused of Giving Immunity to Mexican Drug Cartel Leaders (via Randy's Right) (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- Justice Dept. Accused of Giving Immunity to Mexican Drug Cartel Leaders (via Randy's Right) (loopyloo305-intothelight.blogspot.com)
- Gunwalker: One Step Closer to the Oval Office!! (tancredoradio.wordpress.com)